The @|LIEN2bc8a36|W0NJTEVDVC0+d3d3LmNpbGVjdC5vcmdd|@ - the International Association of Film and Television Schools - was founded in 1955 in France, the brainchild of Marcel L’Herbier (IDHEC’s President) and Rémy Trousseau (IDHEC’s General Director).
CILECT now gathers 180 institutions from 60 countries all over the world. It represents over 10,000 teachers and staff who annually train some 60,000 students, linked with an alumni network of over 1.6 million. CILECT is committed to maintaining extremely high educational standards and encouraging excellent inter-regional cooperation between its members.
The GEECT - European Grouping of Film and Television Schools - composed of 93 member schools in 34 countries, aims to promote and stimulate cooperation between higher education and research institutions in the field of film and television as well as between the teaching body and students of these schools and between industry professionals with a suitable knowledge and years of teaching, practical and/or research experience in film and television.
Cooperation between the members of the association, encouraged through conferences and meetings, also pursues a core objective to raise teaching standards and innovate and improve the content and teaching methods for future professional creatives in the film and television field, as well as for future teachers in film studies.
The GEECT comes together twice a year, in February during the Berlin Film Festival and then for the CILECT conference in autumn, in order to define the various activities of the association and encourage European schools to organise one or two conferences a year, about attractive topics for members to share their know-how and expertise.
In recent years, one to two conferences a year have brought participants from European schools together to discuss the following topics:
- “Embracing diversity in European film schools”, twin conference organized in Amsterdam (Netherlands) in January 2019 and in Köln (Germany) in March 2019,
- ’ Teaching Documentary’ organised by ZeLIG in Bolzano in April 2018,
- ’Report Music and Sound Design Film and New Media’ organised by Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre in Vinlius in September 2017,
- ’Training the Trainers: Reboot’ organised by the Norske Filmskolen à Lillehammer in May 2017,
- ’Lights, camera, interaction!" organized by the Aalto University in Helsinki in June 2016.